- Inkscape - Vector graphics software. Used to convert images to vector graph
- RDWorks - Laser cutter software to file, adjust, set your parameters/settings. You can even design in it. Does both Vector and Raster in the same job
Laser switch on/off Main Power on/off. The Emergency Stop is only for Emergencies. IT WILL FIRE A LASER PULSE - EVEN with the door OPEN.
We assume a fixed height. Ensure top of material is TODO distance from head.
- Default 0,0. In upper left
- Laser will automatically home on start.
- Setting new home position. Origin on control panel will set the new Home position wherever the laser head is positioned.
Resetting new Home
- In RDWorks, the green square is where the laser will start.
- Laser ignores white square around image.
- Starts where the Origin is set
- Once job is loaded, click "Frame" on Laser Cutter to see outline of file loaded.
Load Job to Laser Cutter
- Once job is ready, Click "Download" button
- Yes, even though you are uploading job, it's the download button
Starting a job
- In RDWorks, you have 2 options.
- [Start] turns on the blower & immediately starts the job.
- [Download] adds the job to the job queue on the laser. This is accessed via the [Files] button. [Files] lets you scroll thru the jobs. Select one and press [Enter]. The screen shows the job in color, with the setting for each color. Press [Start/Pause] to start the job.
- The Blower comes on automatically
Pausing a job
- Press [Start/Pause]. To restart a job press [Start/Pause] again.
Stopping a job
- Press [Start/Pause]. Press[Esc] or
- Press [Reset]. Use the [Esc] or [Enter] key to reboot if needed.
- Current recorded max speed is 200mm/s
Steps to use
Check the following
- Check water level
- Check is "safe state" (TBD)
- Ensure grate is clear of materials
Convert to Plotter
- Open Inkscape
- Import PNG to import
- Select (click on imported) image
- If you don't, you'll need to click it again in the next step
- Click Path -> Trace Bitmap
- Will open new window
- Click "Live Preview"
- Click "Brightness cutoff"
- Click OK
- Close Window
- Click File -> Save As
- Save as type: Desktop Cutting Plotter (AutoCAD DXF R14) (*.dfx)
Print to cutter
- Click File -> New
- Click File -> Import
- Select your .dfx file
- Click OK to accept defaults
- Click "Select" button (arrow button in top left)
- Select entire image
- Click Draw -> Horz Mirror
- IP: 10.220.4.200
- Click Start